* Model Polaroids from casting director Douglas Perrett's book called «Wild Things».
Lately, most mornings, I’m rushing out the door to get my downward dog on, or off to my studio, to get messy in some paint. I can’t seem to stop myself from hitting the snooze button once . . . okay maybe three times, so taking the time to “get beautiful”, often falls by the wayside. Too often, I slide by in a kind of scary style, I call, grungy, cheetah chick. Friends and family have gotten used to my contrasting dog or diva personality. But I do love to look pretty, so fortunately, I’ve discovered a few simple products, that, in five minutes, can help you look naturally and effortlessly beautiful -- and who doesn’t want that?
So here are a few of my favorite things:
1. We’ve all heard the phrase, less is more, and this is certainly true when it comes to makeup, but it’s not so easy to do if you struggle with acne. Most of my life, I’ve suffered with breakouts. That’s why I was so happy to discover a product that really works. Beautiful Clear Face (acne control capsules) work from the inside out. It tightens pores, relieves excess oil, and gives me beautiful clear skin that glows.
2. Mascara, in my routine it is a must. It instantly opens the eyes and makes me feel flirty and refreshed. I’ve experimented with a lot of brands, but always find myself returning to this classic Clinque - High impact mascara. If you are going to do just one thing to brighten your face, mascara’s got to be it.
3. I just discovered a bizarre, yet wonderful, skin exfoliator from Japan, called Cure Natural Aqua gel. I hear it’s flying off the shelves. In fact, when I tried to buy a bottle in Laguna Beach last month, it was sold out at three different locations. You simply rub the gel onto clean, dry skin, and the top layer of skin begins to ball up and lift. Rinse your face, and you will feel like you just had the most incredible facial.
4. I am the Coconut Queen, so naturally I love this body creme, by 100% PURE. I first tried it at a holistic spa, and now I’m hooked. It’s 100% vegan, rich, buttery, and definitely a treat to spread on dry, winter skin.
5. Since I’m prone to breakouts, I am very careful about what I let touch my face. This nourishing face lotion from Organique, is infused with lavender oil, sweet almond oil, and Soliga forest honey to keep your skin feeling and looking it’s best. At first I was thinking, honey on my face, that’s nuts, but after a little research, I realized that honey has healing, antibacterial properties, so it’s great for your skin. It’s smooth, non-greasy, and works for me morning and bedtime.
6. This one isn’t a body product, but instead, more of a goodie for the soul. I recently discovered Crystal Dioptase, also called the Russian Emerald, or the stone of the heart. Stones, gems and crystals all possess vibrational energies that can help us work through obstacles, heal, and transform various aspects of our lives. Adrienne Goff, crystal specialist, asks, “Are you ready to release old emotional attachments, cords, karma, soul contracts, or blockages in the heart? Have you or are you experiencing any abuse, trauma, or unpleasant emotional events in your family, or do you have relationships that feel karmic or dense?” If so, this gorgeous, green crystal can be a powerful tool to assist us in releasing these old patterns. In addition, it attracts prosperity, helps us to live in the moment, and supports us in opening our hearts and moving into a higher vibration of love. I believe that when the heart and emotional body are right, everything else in life will fall into alignment.
7. Bobbi Brown’s Cosmic Pink, sheer lip color is definitely kissable. It’s opaque and nice because it’s is not ultra sticky. It gives your lips an energetic lift. It’s infused with soothing botanical extracts to keep lips healthy and soft A slight dab of this syrup and you’re winning with your look.
8. Red was never my thing. In fact, I always thought that I looked terrible with red lips. I felt like I looked like a drag-queen wearing it, and I envied my friends and sisters that could pull it off. But, recently, while on holiday in Hawaii, a friend introduced me to one of her favorite reds, So Chaud, by Mac . I tried it, and it worked -- it actually worked. Now, it’s my new, go to color. If you’re not into red, maybe, like me, you just need to try it again. It’s a really fun way to intensify your look.
9. Trish McEvoy said, “Add a dose of instant radiance with the skin-enhancing Luminizer Pen . The perfect pick-me-up for all skin types. One twist of the pen results in the perfect application. You can apply it anywhere on your face where you need to add a long-lasting, natural, luminous glow”. I was skeptical until I tried it, but it’s amazing. Brighten, sparkle, and glow!